What is Craniosacral Therapy?
Craniosacral therapy is a deeply relaxing treatment that works directly with the nervous system, including the bones of the head and sacrum as well as the surrounding tissues and muscles. The practitioner seeks to restore balance to this primary and important system of the body by easing areas of tension or restriction and creating more expansiveness and fluidity.
What to Expect in a Session:
In a session you will lay fully clothed on the table. I will place my hands lightly on the client in different places of the body, including the head, feet and sacrum. This gentle touch will feel like a nurturing hold, which invites the bodies healing response to let go of tension and unwind. I may incorporate other modalities into a session if appropriate. Many people fall into a deep state of relaxtion and drift in and out of sleep, awaking to a rare state of feeling deeply rested and renewed. You may continue to notice benefits from this work for days or even weeks after.
Benefits of Craniosacral Therapy:
- Sleep more deeply and undisturbed for longer periods of time
- Healthy realignment of body structure
- Release of tension in the body
- Elliminate or reduce chronic pain
- Reduced anxiety, depression and stress
- Restored sense of balance
- Elliminate headaches and migraines
- Ease TMJ dysfunction
- Correction of undesirable side effects from dental work
Craniosacral Therapy Effectively Treats:
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Chronic Fatigue
- Sleep Disorders
- Learning Disabialites such as ADHD
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Try it for yourself!
Schedule an Appointment Today!